Sunday, August 5, 2007

Clearing a Few Things UP

My goodness time has flown by--July is gone and August has been here. I have been trying to clear up a few things--sort out unfinished projects, clear out closets, and get rid of stuff I am not using. Ireally have a hard time with saving things I don't need and then having so much stuff that I don't know what I have. I did take 8 bags to the Good Will and have thrown out about 10 bags. The really sad part, that all came from my bedroom and I still have one more closet to go through.

This past month has not been the most successful one. I have ripped out more than what I have to show. Some of these things probably should have been frogged--but then I would have nothing to show.

This first picture shows something that was supposed to be a purse but turned into a questionable pillow. One of the members of K&C had made this for a purse exchange and posted the pattern link on her blog. Hers was so pretty that I, too, attempted it, however--number one, I couldn't figure out the last couple of rounds and number two, I used the wrong yarn--hence the pillow.






After I decided to make it into a pillow and put it on my bed--I bought a new bedspread and so it will not match at all. Probably the closet for this one.


I bought a new hat book by Schurch and loved all of the patterns. Here are two attempts of the hats.





Made this for a purse exchange--a little project bag and the purse.,

It is so true , if you don't like the yarn, the project will take forevere! I have made some more squares of the bargain yarn that wasn't the best bargain.


5 comments:

smr61754 said...

The pillow looks GREAT Beth! And a great alternative way to use the pattern! I think I am going to give that a try...as soon as I finish the 2 bags I promised for D and my SIL...whenever THAT is, LOL!

Beth N said...

Thank you Sandy--of course it was your beautiful purse that made me want to try it.. I may try for the purse again sometime.

monica said...

everything looks great Beth. I think you are ready for the bag from Knitting Daily.

Crafty Andy said...

Hars look Great Beth!

Sônia Maria said...

Hi!
The pillow is very beautiful.
Hugs!
Sônia Maria