Sunday, August 12, 2007

Messenger Bag


Just finished this bag for the CB exchange. I had been wanting to try this pattern. (link for pattern http://www.berroco.com/knitbits/knitbits_154_H.html )
I really liked the fair isle flap, but the yarn I was using felt too flimsy even with the stranding. I thought the cables might prevent me from having to line the bag, but I think I am going to do another crocheted lining.

We have had heat warnings several days this past week--I think my newly planted (in the spring) forsythia is gone-- It wilted down every day and finally, this Saturday the water did not revive it. I don't know if I drowned it or the heat got it.

My daughter who is getting married December 15, has decided her attendents need a shrug to tie in the colors--red and black. She is having one flower girl, two junior bridesmaids, 5 female bridesmaids , one male attendant on her side and her maid of honor. She wants me to make nine shrugs--8 red and one black-- the flower girl's dress is red and the rest are black. Of course she has never knitted or crocheted and she tells me none of attendants or their mother's knit. Of course, I am not sure we can even find the color of red yarn or the type we need. Anyway, there are two afghan patterns that I want to start (still working on the crocheted one), but I may not have a lot of time to work on them. I am working on two different patterns of shrugs to see if any one of them would look right with the dress.

4 comments:

Sônia Maria said...

Hi!
This bag is lovely!
The color is fantastic.
Have a nice day.
Hugs for you,
Sônia Maria

monica said...

The bag is wonderful. Thanks for the link. Good Luck color matching.

smr61754 said...

Beth, I really love that bag! GREAT for fall....the colors are perfect! I know what you mean by needing to line it, though. I am going to buy some interfacing and sandwich it in between the lining fabric of my next lotus bag to give it a little more body.

Thanks for checking out my blog, too!

Sandy

Biz said...

That is an awesome bag!