Saturday, June 30, 2007

Don't Spit in the Wind and Other Things I Have Learned!



These are things that I have learned that can make your life easier: Don't spit in the wind, don't date Little Joe Cartwright, (for sure don't get engaged to him) , don't volunteer for Captain Kirk's landing party unless you have a recurring role in the show, and last but not least, plan your afghans carefully!! I finally have finished my knit afghan and there are some things that I really like about it. I like all three of the different patterns that I used. I like my colors--the picture may look like cream and gray, but the yarn label says it is French Lavendar. My sister, who has seen the afghan in person, wonders why I would make a gray afghan. I repeat--it is cream and French lavendar--that's my story and I am sticking to it!!

There are also some things that I don't like about it--it is way to wide-I guess I could have made it longer to even it out, but it is pretty huge as it is--very heavy and very warm. It's hard to tell if it is too warm when we have had 90 degree weather but definitely, this is a warm blanket. If I had planned it more carefully, I would have had three leaf panels and two lattice panels. The problem was, that I put the edging on the two end panels on the outside edge and then put edging on both side of the trellis panels --resulting that the middle leaf panel would not have been the same size and would have looked funny. I liked the bouquet panel (my one sister says diamonds and my other sister says grapes) but I made it too wide--thus resulting in a very wide blanket.

Anyway, it is done--I have learned some things for next time and I can move on to another project.

8 comments:

Monet said...

You always learn something from each project!...It looks great!! :)

monica said...

I think it is beautiful. It looks purple and cream to me in the picture. I think you did a wonderful job on it.

Beth N said...

Thank you Monet and Monica.

Biz said...

I think it turned out great. Love the colors and I commend you for sticking it out!

lbquilts said...

hi beth,
thank you for visiting me! i hope you signed in on my 'world map'... your afghan is awesome...what pattern did you use? i love the leaf motif! TTYL...
linda

Beth N said...

Thank you Biz and Linda--the patterns came from Vogue's stich books.

smr61754 said...

Beth, that is just a GORGEOUS afghan! Wonderful job!
Thanks for visiting my blog, too!

Crafty Andy said...

I think It will make a nice cover for a Lazy boy or a bedspread for a Bed. Looks Great!