Sunday, June 3, 2007

Progress So Far

It's a little cooler today and there is a thunder storm passing through. Probably shouldn't be on the computer but I am going to hope my surge protector works!

Last night I had a little visitor. I tried to get a picture but you can't really see it very well. I heard this fluttering noise and when I looked over at my patio door, I saw this little bird--not a baby bird, maybe a teenage bird that was sitting on the step looking in at me. He just sat there, must have been resting and getting out of the rain. Even when Jasmine--the dog--went over and barked at him, he just continued to sit and look in at everything. After he had rested a bit, pretty soon he hopped down and went on his way.



I have not been doing any knitting or crocheting other than my knit afghan. I now have two panels done and even sewed together. I am afraid that it is falling in to that disappointing category. When I start a project, I always have a picture in my head of how beautiful it will be--this is not quite measuring up to what I thought it would look like. I have decided to continue on, in hopes that it will turn the
corner and begin to look like I wanted it to look.
Since two of the three panels will be the same, it would make the most sense to work on them while I have the patterns pretty well in my head. Of course, what I want to do is start on the middle panel to give me something new to work on--I will see--maybe I have enough needles to start all three.


3 comments:

Monet said...

I like it....it's so much differant then a lot of the other knit blankets I see. Keep it up i'm rootin' for ya! "_

monica said...

That ghan is looking wondeful. I don't know which strip I like the best.

Biz said...

You are courageous for even knitting an afghan....I don't see one in my future any time soon. I think its lovely! Keep up the good work!