Friday, December 21, 2007

New Projects

I dug out an old Bernat Treasury of Afghans book, why you ask when you have bought all those new books--well I was looking for something else and ran across this and this afghan caught my eye. The pattern called for it to be knit in panels--but that would have been 15! panels to sew up so I decided to do it as one. Did 10 rows x233 stitches = 2033 stitches-did not like how it was turning out--ripped those out--started over with smaller needles--liked that. But now as I look at it -after another 3495 stitches- I am not sure I like the pattern in the color of the yarn--I like the pattern--I like the color but maybe not together. Wish I had done it in panels as the pattern
was written--then I wouldn't be ripping out 2033 or 3495 stitches.
While I make up my mind whether I am going to continue, I started another project. I have been resisting buying Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns series because I have so many stitch dictionaries. I broke down the other day and ordered a second hand copy--I love it!! Volume 2 has arrived but volume one is hopefully on its way--I wish that I had bought a new copy although there is really nothing wrong with the one I got. I am chart challenged and her second volume has the printed instructions so it is perfect for me--started this scarf-name of pattern is wheat sheaves.
I still have some presents to wrap--so hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday. See you next year.

1 comment:

monica said...

I so admire you with this afghan knitting. I need to make one for each of my kids, but I hate the thought of knitting one.....let alone 3.

I have presents to wrap too, do you want to wrap mine while you are wrapping yours????