Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spring

It's a beautiful day today--the perfect spring day. The grass is green, the temperature is 72 and the sun is shining. For awhile, it didn't seem like spring would be coming. I didn't think that my tree would bloom this year with the late frost and snow, but it did look pretty for a day or two. Unfortuneately, we had a wind advisory the first day it really looked pretty and then it poured down rain the next two days--I did manage to get this picture before it was all gone.



I received my dishcloth swap package from Maria. She sent me some really nice things. I love the colors and the patterns. I am munching on the licorice twists as I write.



Well sitting all my unfinished work in front of me has worked to a certain extent. I frogged one more of them and I am working on the ripple afghan. That has to be the most boring pattern I have ever worked on--just single crochet. There is a really pretty border which is the reason that I started it in the first place, if I can just hang on until I get to that part. I have decided that I am not making it as big as what the pattern says. When I finish this skein, I will start the border.

This does not show it very well but you get the idea. Back to work on it.


1 comment:

monica said...

The ghan is lovely. I need to make one for the in laws. You got a great package from your pal.