Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Gifts

I have been hard at work making Christmas presents--I was feeling pretty good until I realized that we are half way through November. Today, I finished this hat for my Daughter's stocking-it is made out of Red Heart Zoomy--a yarn new to me. The hat was very easy and due to the super bulkey classification went really fast.


I am really in to making purses--it seems like everyone is making this one--it is also an easy fast and easy. I am giving both sisters, daughter and niece bags--but not sure who gets this one.


Saw this afghan on ravelry and it is also a very popular pattern--also an easy fast crochet. This one is for my daughter-colors match her bedspread --I hope it is modern enough for her. I ordered the yarn called for in the pattern but then found this yarn in my stash--I liked these colors much better and wished I could return the other yarn


I am going to put potholders in stockings-just getting started on those.


I am also giving more shopping bags to my sisters and daughter--




This shawl was made from moda dea Tweedle dee yarn--it is a shaded yarn and very soft. I orderd this yarn on line and the color was not what I was expecting for the purse that I planned on making--so--this pattern was on the yarn label and it was an easy knit but not necessarily a fast knit--had to make myself do some every day.




Well, must get back to more Christmas gifts--Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.



2 comments:

Ria said...

Wow those projects looked great! i am sure that all the recipients loved their gifts. I hope you had a great Christmas!

Kristee Ann Watson said...

Love the Lion Brand Market Bags. I live in Africa where plastic bags are the scourge of the environment so I am making the market bags for all my co-workers. Question...where on Ravelry did you find the square and circle afghan?