Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sock Want-a-be Knitter

I have heard of the SSS--second sock syndrome and I am wondering if anyone else has the SWABKS (sock want-a be Knitter Syndrome). I have purchased tons of sock yarn and have not one pair of socks to show for all that yarn stashed away--not to speak of the books, patterns, and three DVDs bought in hopes of producing a pair of socks.

I love looking at all the beautiful socks that Monica and others produce--maybe I don't have the patience for the actual knitting of the sock. This is one of Monica's patterns that can be bought at the Loopy Ewe-- click
here and you can see what it's really supposed to look like!


6 comments:

monica said...

OH My Goodness, that is beautiful. I like it more than the one I knit. Is that Lorna's in Georgetown?? I may have to search through my stash for some soft colors to knit it in.

Beth N said...

Thank you Monica--I should have made the cuff longer but I got anxious to see how it would turn out. LOL-- I know is is Lorna's and I think Georgetown is correct--my niece was looking through my yarn and threw away some of my labels--thought she was helping.

Beth N said...

I meant to say and the heel needed to be a little longer too.--Again I was in too big of a hurry.

Karen said...

Yours is so pretty! I love that colorway...boo hoo...no more LL in my stash.

Biz said...

Can't say I've ever used Lorna's. But your sock is lovely.

smr61754 said...

Hi Beth! You sock is just beautiful! I dont have a problem with the one-sock-syndrome. I want to wear them TOO much so I make the second one. But I DO understand where you are coming from. Seems almost boring to make a duplicate sock so soon after making the first one. But you will do it.

I dont know if it takes longer to knit a sock than to crochet one, since I cant knit. Maybe you should try crocheting one :))

Sandy