Friday, January 25, 2008

And the Beat Goes On

Just a quick update on the current projects.

1)My winter white, former forest green, afghan is progressing slowly. I do like it much better in winter white rather than the forest green. This afghan does seem to be taking forever but I just need to buckle down and work on it and not get distracted by looking for new patterns on the computer or my books, or looking at all the wonderful things that other people do, or looking for new books or yarn. ect



I think that my favorite swap is the potholder swap. It is one that I can always join in because it doesn't take long to make them, it's not expensive to mail them and you can always use another potholder.

I now have all that forest green yarn-Paton's shetland chunky so am trying to decide what to do with it--I like this stitch--not sure if it will be part of an afghan or just a scarf.

One of my goals for this year is to decrease my stash of yarn (so I have room for more-but we don't have to discuss the logic of that). I bought a Crochet Magazine at the grocery store and saw this really pretty granny square afghan that was done all in one color. But as I am trying to destash, I am going to do a multi color one--first picture shows the pattern and the next shows how many I have done.




The very nice and very talented Monica gave me an award for encouraging her in her knitting ventures--I have to say that I love her patterns and can't wait to see pictures of her work--I would have to give her an award right back.
Snow is on the ground--it was -5 degrees this morning--I am awaiting spring!!

4 comments:

monica said...

Wasn't it crzy cold Friday morning. Usually our kids have a 2 hour delay when it dips below 0 because so oman kids walk to school here. Yhey didn't have a delay much to my kids dismay.

Your afghan is coming along beautifully. And I love the squares for the destash afghan.

monica said...

Sorry about all the typos in the last comment.

smr61754 said...

Hi, Beth! I came over to see if you had posted more about your afghan and, lo and behold, you did :) Its coming along great. I like the new green scarf/afghan panel, too...very pretty pattern. You have a lot of WIP's and they all look terrific.

Sandy

Marie said...

Hello Beth.
You have some lovely things on your blog. The Afghan is very nice, similar to an Aran pattern - I dont envy you doing the Blackberry stitch - I always end up with extra stitches!!!!
LOL Lizzy