Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bad Pictures

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving--23 of us were able to be there. My sister's house looked beautiful and we all enjoyed being together. Also on a happy note, I was able to gift some of my yarn that I will probably never use to my cousin. She and her daughter are learning to knit and continue to crochet. (hehe-more room in the yarn closet for new stuff!)

I have also finished the shrugs-oh happy day!! This is a bad picture of them but my daughter came unexpectedly to collect them and she hurried to take a picture of all of them. So--even though its not the best picture--I still wanted a shot of them all together. The one that looks like a different color--is a different color and was the practice shrug. The little black one belongs to the flower girl and you can barely see, but the red and black one was a prototype that didn't get used. I frogged the other two that didn't work out for the yarn.


.
My daughter has decided that she wants a stole from the material for the bolero jacket so at least I am saved making another shrug.

I did get to knit a couple of different things this week--finished the Irish Hiking scarf for her male attendant--thought he should get something since the female attendants received the shrugs.



I also almost finished a hat, but have made a mistake in my decreases so I need to redo the rows starting with the decrease rows.

And lastly have started crocheting the scarf item below.




One more good news to report--I have only a couple of more gifts to get and then I will have my Christmas shopping done. another--oh happy day!

2 comments:

monica said...

I bet you were singing "Oh Happy Day" I would have been doing a dance too after finishing all those shrigs. The look fantastic and do the scarves.

smr61754 said...

Congratulations on finishing the shrugs, Beth! They look great!

I love that scarf you are making...VERY pretty!

You are lucky you are nearly done. I havent even started the shopping and I keep procrastinating over finishing the crocheted gifts. I work better under pressure...I will probably be working under the gun the week before Christmas :)

Sandy